Dion Green | The Salvation Army Fundraising for
The FUDGE Foundation
FLOURISHING UNDER DISTRESS GIVING ENCOURAGEMENT
Derrick Fudge was enjoying a night out with his son, Dion Green, and other family members in Dayton’s Oregon District when he was shot outside of a bar. Derrick Fudge is one of eight victims that lost his life during the Dayton mass shooting of 2019.
Trauma comes in many forms, often times people struggle with the emotions caused by unspeakable atrocities, which fester into debilitating issues that can lead to suicide or a variety of self-destructive behaviors.
Flourishing Under Distress Given Encouragement (FUDGE), Inc.’s mission is to bring survivors and victims proper resources needed to help them with the support within the community by providing outreach programs, legal aid, mental health and other critical resources needed throughout the recovery process.
The FUDGE Foundation charity is formed in Mr. Fudge’s memory to help the still many more persons that are impacted directly and indirectly by living through mass shootings, violence, human trafficking, and domestic abuse.
It is our goal is to help victims of trauma to return back to a sense of normalcy and go back to the right track with society through locating sources of legitimate state, federal, and 501c3 nonprofit resources to address grief.
Help our organization by donating today!
All donations go directly to making a difference for our cause.
● A community that provides the support and inspiration necessary to ensure that every survivor of trauma is equipped to address their grief and return to a life of normalcy.
● A community that is committed and actively working towards the elimination of the conditions that cause trauma, including mass shootings, violence, human trafficking and domestic abuse.
● Support Miami Valley survivors and their families on their journey by providing programs and/or directing individuals to the necessary and appropriate resources to heal.
● Work towards the elimination of the conditions that cause trauma in the Miami Valley, including mass shootings, violence, human trafficking and domestic abuse.
Partnering and collaborating with existing non-profit organizations and government agencies, the FUDGE Foundation realizes its mission through the following activities :
● Develop and co-facilitate peer-support groups that provide survivors the opportunity to discuss the traumatic events they experienced and develop healthy coping mechanisms for how to recover.
● Provide connections to outreach programs, legal-aid, mental health and other critical resources needed throughout the trauma recovery process in the Miami Valley.
● Offer Individual Recovery Grants to help victims access professional one-on-one therapy as well as to assist with expenses such as utilities, medicine, legal aid, funeral expenses, gasoline, food, education, and rent to supplement income.
● Advocacy in the forms of public speaking, writing and community mobilization, for the elimination of the conditions that cause trauma in the Miami Valley and around the country, including mass shootings, violence, human trafficking and domestic abuse.
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
If you are passionate about your community, donate some of your time with the Fudge Foundation!
Fundraisers | Event Workers | Charity | & More!